Monday, March 30, 2009

Both Sides of the Fig Leaf

Nudism is pure. It's supposed to be. God made us nude. All of us who practice this lifestyle know this. Most orthodox nudists agree that it's all "non-sexual."

But what happens when you go to sites like True Nudists or Skinbook and you have people (mostly male) doing centerfold poses for their pictures? I'm being honest, folks. Some of these folks show their stuff directly for the camera or make it the centerpiece of their photos. Do you get what I am saying here?

The sight of a penis doesn't bug me, but a portrait of one does. This makes me think, folks. A person becomes a nudist, brushes some unneeded shame off their shoulders, and then looks at their stuff and thinks, "Well, I guess it's ok that the world sees you now. Say 'cheese!'" And so a bunch of genital-centered photos are taken. Some of these people say they are Christians, which in all honesty, I can't say they are not.

After thinking this out, I realized that although they are nudists, they still have a fig leaf mindset. It maybe even rebellious in motive (perhaps unconscious). What was once hidden by shame (or whatever you choose to label it as) is now unveiled, but more than that, it's on Broadway. Godly nakedness is still then misunderstood.

In my opinion, I think they have missed the mark. Do you know what I mean?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing. You've written some very good things and made a very good point. I am troubled by the same abuses as you. It's like, out of one ditch and into the other.

    I hope you write more.

    Matthew Neal
    http://thebiblicalnaturist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I am both a member of Skinbook and True Nudists and neither of the sites accept photos with closeups of genitalia or headless profile photos.

    Basically, I agree with your premise on this sort of thing - it's pretty childish in my honest opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Here is another blogs that talks about being a Christian and a Naturist
    Please read and comment

    http://naturistchristian.wordpress.com/

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree.
    As a Christian naturist / nudist.
    -
    Anyone that post pictures of themselves using their genitalia as the primary focal point to their photos are doing so solely for the purpose of drawing perversion and sexual arousement / gratification by those that view it.
    -
    Are not Christians to my definition.

    ReplyDelete